Celestron CGEM 800 Schmidt-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope
- 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- CGEM Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra Sturdy 2" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Computerized Mount Features:
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Steel worm gear and 90mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS Compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory
For all astronomy buffs and enthusiasts out there, the Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope is a boon. From the world leader in telescope and cosmic imaging devices, Celestron, comes yet another high-end gadget that enables you to see the world beyond us. The Celestron CGEM Series 800 is a powerful device that fuses the high definition EdgeHD optical system with the innovative design of CGEM Computerized Equatorial mount. This imaging device undoubtedly possesses the quality and character of any Celestron telescope released in the market. This series is a perfect fit for whatever purposes you have in mind, whether for CCD imaging or just plain imaging.
The robust visualization device is equipped with 8” Schmidt Cassegrian OTA and a premium XLT coatings. This high-end imaging device magnifies your eyesight by over 800 times, giving your eyes an immense light gathering power essential for vivid visualization of astronomical bodies. The lens is supported by an optical tube that is only 13 lbs. This makes the CGEM 800 Celestron telescope lightweight and portable option for all astronomy enthusiasts.
The CGEM Equatorial mount is a newly designed tripod that boasts of its bold and attractive appearance. It is an ultra sturdy steel stand that is capable of holding any other Celestron optical tubes. The accessory tray that goes with the mount would help you attach other telescopes on it. Most importantly, it is designed to properly secure the telescope onto the ground and negate vibration. This is essential for capturing images as well as for visual observation. To make it more navigable while you’re glued on the eyepiece, it has been designed more ergonomically with its large Azimuth and Altitude adjustment knobs. Installation has never been easier as the internal RA and DEC motor wiring is well laden.
Among others, 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope uses the latest in the world of digital technology. It is powered by a unique technology called All-Star that enables the user to navigate for bright stars without ease. The built-in computerized polar alignment software calculates and guides you towards your target. Another excellent feature that can make any astroimager drool over this device is its Periodic Error Correction (PEC) function. This innovative feature allows you to fix the worm gears for periodic errors, while the mount saves the PEC recordings.
If you are after astronomical objects that are within the Meridian, consider this CGEM telescope godsend. This Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope can navigate well within this range. It can produce uninterrupted heavenly objects found in this part of the sky as well as beyond. The 6X30 finderscope can make your search more accurate and defined. Nevertheless, you can make good use of the comprehensive database of this computerized telescope – 40,000 object, 100 user-defined programmable objects and an additional 200 more objects for enhanced information.
Given the superior features of the Celestron CGEM Series 800, it can undoubtedly be dubbed as the standard in today’s Astro imaging. Hobbyists, enthusiasts and professionals will truly fall for such a feature-packed imaging device. Celestron has once again proven its reputation in the world of astronomical imaging with this genius release. There’s no question to that.
The CGEM mount has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $3,399.00
Special Price: $3,199.00
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align|
|Angular Field of View||0.62 °|
|Aperture||203.2 mm (8 in)|
|CD ROM||NexRemote control software with RS232 cable|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Counterweights||1 x 17 lbs|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Eyepiece 1 Field of View||.62 °|
|Focal Length||2032 mm (80 in)|
|Gear||Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Magnification 1||81 x|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT Coating|
|Optical Design||8" Schmidt-Cassegrain|
|Optical Tube Length||17 in (431.8 mm)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||2.7 in (68.58 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||11.4 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||33.8 %|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 calculation|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|