The 14" HD Optical Tube gathers 60% more light than its smaller 11" precessor! It is the largest of the EdgeHD optical tubes. The EdgeHD optical system invented by Celestron make this telescope perfect for both visual use, but astrophotographers will definitely find this optical system excellent for flat focal planes which for even the largest CCD Camera chips, stars will appear pinpoint at the edges as well as the center of the field of view.
The Celestron CGE Pro Equatorial mount is also excellent for astrophotography because its easy to adjust its counterweights and precisely align its altitude and azimuth. When using the All-Star alignment, the observer can precisely align the CGE Pro Equatorial Mount to the north celestial pole by slewing the telescope to a bright star and use the polar alignment to adjust the mount properly to the north celestial pole for accurate alignment. It is not recommended that Polaris be used as an alignment star since it is too close to the NCP. The computer controller's database includes all the Messier, NGC, IC and Caldwell objects.
- Increased Payload Capacity - Up to 90 pounds!
- All Star Polar Alignment - Use any star to get the mount aligned with the north celestial pole
- No-Tool Polar Alignment - Large hand knobs adjusting altitude and azimuth
- Meridian Tracking - Maximum tracking of up to 20° past the meridian
- Faster Slew Speed - New improved motors and gears increase slew speed of up to 5° per second!
- Accuracy - Excellent tracking and location of celestial objects!
- Pointing - With the use of Sync and calibration stars, 1 arc minute of accuracy can be achieved!
- Tracking - +/- 5 arc second tracking accuracy with unguided periodic error and further reduced at PEC
- Mount Calibration - NexStar hand controller will compensate mechanical inacuracies in the mount.
SEE THE UNIVERSE IN HD
Introducing Celestron's New Aplanatic Schmidt Telescope Design!
- Visibly Sharper Images
- Superior Performance
- Enhanced Mechanical Features
- Fastar Compatible
EdgeHD is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
|Name||Celestron - CGE Pro 1400 HD Computerized Telescope|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align, 1-Star Align|
|Angular Field of View||0.48 °|
|Aperture||356 mm (14.02 in)|
|CD ROM||NexRemote control software with RS232 cable|
|Counterweight Bar||5 lbs (2.27 kg)|
|Counterweights||3 x 22 lbs|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||23 mm (0.91 in)|
|Focal Length||3910 mm (153.94 in)|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Magnification 1||170 x|
|Mount||CGE Pro Computerized Equatorial|
|Optical Tube Length||31 in (787.4 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||45 lbs (20.41 kg)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.33 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.39 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||4.5 in (114.3 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||10.3 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||32.1 %|
|Star Diagonal||2" with 1.25" adapter|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Adjustable, 2.75" Stainless Steel legs|