Celestron CGE Pro 925 HD Computerized Telescope
The Celestron CGE Pro 925 HD telescope is highly oriented for those advanced longtime and highly committed amateur astronomers due to its combination of the one and famous CGE Pro Computerized Mount and a fabulous 9.25" aperture Schmidt based optical tube with Celestron's own EdgeHD optics. Those two combinations alone make this a telescope definately appealing for amateur astronomers thrilled with astrophotography!
Optical Coatings/Designs and Technologies:
The CGE Pro 925 HD Telescope features EdgeHD coatings in a 9.25" OTA, specially designed from Celestron. The optical technology is highly appropriate for various types of astrophotography. A key reason why the EdgeHD optical design is highly preferred is due to its ability to provide pinpoint stars across flat focal planes which means stars will not appear out of focus even on the edges.
Obviously, with higher resolution, Celestron has made great efforts to implement their EdgeHD and CGE Pro 925 HD Computerized telescope with optical enhancements and securities to provide both better visual and astrophotography sessions. Among these enhancements include:
- Reducing image shifting with mirror locking. Since most Schmidt-based optical tubes focus through adjusting the position of the primary mirror with a focus knob, observing under high magnification, specifically when viewing terrestrial objects can cause an image shift during focusing which can cause problems. With a mirror lock, the primary mirror is locked in place to ensure no distruption during astrophotography - always an advantage.
- Unstable temperature in an OTA is never a good thing! When unstable temperature comes into contact with the precious and delicate internal optics, their quality can be temporarily or pemanently damaged. Celestron has built in tube vents (60 micron mesh filter) into the 9.25" HD optical tube to ensure temperature is reasonable.
- Equipped with a removable secondary mirror, the Fastar configuration is great for imaging quickly at very fast f/2 focal ratios, 25 times quicker than f/10 and a five times wider field of view. This is fantastic for viewing deep sky objects for a couple reasons. Observing at fast focal ratios in combination with the telescope's aperture is usually preferred when observing deep sky objects or other objects with a low surface brightness. In addition, a wider field of view is also an advantage here. In telescopes such as the CGE Pro 925 HD, deep sky objects are usually desired to be viewed in their entirety, specifically when astro-imaging.
Last but not least, the Celestron CGE Pro 925 HD Computerized telescope comes shipped with a 23mm 82 degree Axiom eyepiece, an excellent add-on to boost the EdgeHD features! This eyepiece will provide high power while maintaining a wide field of view, right up the alley for pinpoint stars and high resolution everywhere and perfect for visual deep sky observing.
The CGE PRO MOUNT!
Every astronomer knows that an excellent OTA is only so good as to how and what it is mounted on. Without a stable and smooth mounting system, optical design is useless. The Celestron CGE PRO Equatorial mount is a highly well known mount around the astronomical community due mainly to its precise and accuracy in alignment and tracking performance. However, there are many more features that set this mount aside from many other models.
Since this computerized equatorial mount is a key part of the CGE Pro 925 HD, it makes this telescope even better. The mount alone is capable of withstanding a payload of 90 pounds! This means it can hold not only the 9.25 EdgeHD OTA, but also the 14" SCT optical tubes as well.
Alignment and Tracking with All-Star Polar Alignment!
Aligning the CGE Pro 925 with All-Star isn't difficult at all and yet results in a high degree of accuracy. The process works like this:
- User chooses two bright stars to slew and align to.
- Once two stars are chosen and aligned, the hand controller will prompt to slew to a new star of their choice (Polaris not recommended, too close to NCP)
- If star isn't completely centered, adjust Altaz knobs and precisely align the mount with the NCP!
All-Star Accuracy Tips:
- Use stars farther away from the NCP/SCP and closer to the meridian/celestial equator
- Use stars not too dim
Due to the mounts built in .75" worm gear, 6" pitch diameter worm wheel, precision made cut steel gears, and seven slot skewed amateur motors, when performing long CCD exposures and visual imaging, accurate tracking is obviously crucial. Tracking without Periodic Error Correction is set at +/-5 arc seconds. When turning on PEC, this is reduced even more. The balance and portability of this mount in the CGE Pro 925 is simply outstanding! When mounting optical tubes, german equatorial mounts such as this one need to be counterbalanced with a counterweight. All the observor must do is simply slide the counterweight and optical tube on the dovetail appropriately to obtain and sustain the appropriate balance prior to observing.
With such an unbelievable capability and performance, the mount is also very portable as well. The optical tube and the mount can easily be connected and assembled in minutes and brought down by dividing into easy to carry parts. Another reason why the CGE Pro 925 HD computerized telescope is such a great choice! Observe the cosmos and universe every step of the way!
SEE THE UNIVERSE IN HD
Introducing Celestron's New Aplanatic Schmidt Telescope Design!
- Visibly Sharper Images
- Superior Performance
- Enhanced Mechanical Features
- Fastar Compatible
EdgeHD is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align, 1-Star Align|
|Angular Field of View||0.8 °|
|Aperture||235 mm (9.25 in)|
|CD ROM||NexRemote control software with RS232 cable|
|Counterweight Bar||5 lbs (2.27 kg)|
|Counterweights||1 x 22 lbs|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||23 mm (0.91 in)|
|Focal Length||2350 mm (92.52 in)|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Magnification 1||102 x|
|Mount||CGE Pro Computerized Equatorial|
|Optical Tube Length||22 in (558.8 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||21 lbs (9.53 kg)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||3.35 in (85.09 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||13.1 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||36.2 %|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds 5.5 deg/s, 2 deg/s, 0.5 deg/s, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, 0.5x|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Adjustable, 2.75" Stainless Steel legs|