CELESTRON - CGE Pro 1400 FASTAR Computerized 14" SCT Reflector (11089)
The Celestron CGE Pro 1400 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope combines the 14" Fastar Optical Tube Assembly with the CGE Pro Equatorial Mount. This telescope is the largest aperture in the CGE Pro family. Celestron has implemented their StarBright XLT Coatings which tremendously improve light performance as well as their FASTAR system that can turn this telescope from an f/11 to an f/2 for faster CCD imaging. Since the Schmidt Cassegrain design utilizes both aspects of refractors and reflectors, they tend to normally have a focal ratio of around f/10 and still have a small amount of Coma (although hardly any chromatic aberration). With the introduction of the FASTAR system, the observer can remove the secondary mirror to turn the telescope to an f/2, increasing the field of view by five times the width and creating faster exposure times. However, a third party lens assembly is required to replace the secondary mirror to perform CCD Imaging.
Celestron's CGE Pro Equatorial Mount has virtually all the features the serious astrophotographer will need ranging from alignment to the motor gears. The All-Star alignment helps both the visual astronomer and astro-imager precisely align their mount with the north celestial pole. All the user must do is follow the standard two star alignment and then select a star from the NexStar controller to slew to. The CGE Pro mount will slew to the star assuming it is already polar aligned, therefore giving the user the ability to precisely align the mount's altitude and azimuth. Using Polaris isn't recommended since it is too close to the NCP. Once properly aligned, the observer has a choice to choose from all the planets, Messier objects, thousand of NGC and Abell Galaxy cluster. If the observer or imager wants to observe for a series of nights, using the CGE Pro's hibernate function will save the time of having to re-align the mount every evening.
CGE Pro Highlights:
- Increased Payload Capacity – With a maximum payload of 90lbs, the CGE Pro mount is able to hold the 14" telescope more securely even when fully loaded with all your imaging gear.
- All-Star Polar Alignment – Choose any bright alignment star for a software assisted alignment of the mount's polar axis that will have you ready for imaging even if you can't see the North Star.
- No-Tool polar alignment – Larger hand knobs for both Altitude and Azimuth adjustments.
- Meridian Tracking – Extended tracking past the Meridian of up to 20 degrees of uninterrupted imaging through the best part of the sky.
- Faster slew speed – Improved gearing and motors provide faster slew speeds than ever before with a maximum slew rate of over 5°/per second.
- Accuracy – The hallmark of any telescope mount is its ability to find, center and track celestial objects with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Pointing – With just a standard hand control alignment, CGE Pro has the ability to center a star in your eyepiece or CCD chip to within 5 arc minutes. Using NexStar's advanced pointing features such as Calibration Stars, Sync and Precise GoTo, further improves the pointing accuracy to as low as 1 arc minute in the desired region of the sky.
- Tracking – With larger .75" pitch diameter worm, precision made cut-steel gears in gearboxes, and seven slot skewed armature motors, the CGE Pro delivers smooth +/- 5 arc second tracking accuracy typical unguided periodic error, which can be further reduced with PPEC
- Mount Calibration - Celestron's NexStar hand control has built-in compensation features essential for accurately placing small objects on the center of your CCD chip or high power eyepiece. Aligning on multiple Calibration Stars creates a model of the opto-mechanical inaccuracies inherent in all equatorial mounts. This model is stored within the hand control and is used to compensate for these inaccuracies, thus improving your pointing precision each time you slew your telescope.
Celestron's newest line of observatory class German equatorial telescopes
The CGE Pro computerized series is Celestron's newest line of observatory class German Equatorial telescopes. Offered with 9.25", 11" and 14" aperture Schmidt Cassegrain optical tubes, they all come mounted on the new state of the art CGE Pro GoTo mount.
|Name||Celestron - CGE Pro 1400 FASTAR 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope|
|Manufacturer Part No||CEL-11089|
|Custom Stock Status||In Stock|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align, 1-Star Align|
|Angular Field of View||0.53 °|
|Aperture||355.5 mm (14 in)|
|CD ROM||NexRemote control software with RS232 cable|
|Counterweight Bar||5 lbs (2.27 kg)|
|Counterweights||3 x 22 lbs|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||40 mm (1.57 in)|
|Focal Length||3910 mm (153.94 in)|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Magnification 1||98 x|
|Mount||CGE Pro Computerized Equatorial|
|Optical Tube Length||31 in (787.4 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||45 lbs (20.41 kg)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.33 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.39 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||4.5 in (114.3 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||10.3 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||32.2 %|
|Star Diagonal||2" with 1.25" adapter|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Adjustable, 2.75" Stainless Steel legs|