The C6S Advanced puts a new 6" Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube on a robust German equatorial mount. It provides 44% greater light gathering capacity than competitive 5" Maksutov-Cassegrain optics. Its faster f/10 focal ratio provides a larger exit pupil and brighter images with any given eyepiece than the Maksutov's f/15 focal ratio, as well. The C6S comes standard with special Starbright XLT multicoatings that are 16% brighter than even Celestron's industry-standard Starbright multicoatings. With a light grasp 459 times that of even the sharpest dark-adapted eye, the compact C6S can reveal to you star clusters, nebulas, planets, and galaxies in amazing detail.
The optical tube is the latest version of the Celestron-pioneered optical system that took phenomenally expensive Schmidt-Cassegrain optics out of the hands of professional astronomers and made them available for the first time at a reasonable price to all amateur astronomers. In essence, Celestron's innovative Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes made modern amateur astronomy possible. Today, this Celestron telescope is value-priced to make Schmidt-Cassegrain astronomy available to almost everyone. Its light weight optical tube and easily assembled go-to mount make it easy to set up and enjoy - either in your back yard or at a distant dark sky site. Superb optical quality and a very reasonable price make it a scope that virtually any beginning or advanced astronomer can afford and enjoy.
C6S-GT XLT - Includes:
- 6" f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optics with Starbright XLT multicoatings
- Heavy duty CG-5A German equatorial mount with setting circles, manual slow motion controls
- Adjustable height tripod
- Accessory tray
- 6 x 30mm straight-through finder
- 25mm 1.25" Pl'ssl eyepiece (60x)
- 1.25" visual back
- 1.25" prism-type 90° star diagonal
- Dust covers
- TheSky Level 1 star-charting CD-ROM software
- Two Year Warranty
- Dual-axis DC slewing/tracking motors
- Car battery adapter
- Computer hand control with 40,000+ star and object database
- Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube: 6" aperture (1500mm focal length f/10). State-of-the-art Starbright XLT multicoated optics. Guaranteed diffraction-limited optical performance.
- Finderscope: 6 x 30mm straight-through achromatic design, with a wide 7 degree field of view. Focuses by loosening the trim ring behind the objective lens cell, screwing the lens cell in or out to focus, and tightening the trim ring to lock in the correct focus.
- Visual back: Removable 1.25" visual back holds visual accessories such as star diagonal, tele-extender, etc.
- Star diagonal: 1.25" prism type.
- Eyepiece: 1.25" 25mm Pl'ssl (60x). The eyepiece field of view is 0.83° across (two-thirds larger than the full Moon), for good lunar and deep space views.
- Software: The scope comes with a CD-ROM of TheSky Level 1 planetarium and star charting software. This Windows-based program has a database of 10,000 stars and deep space objects. It will let explore the Universe on your PC and print out custom star charts of the sky to help you find faint objects by star-hopping from object to object using your scope's slow motion controls.
- Heavy duty CG-5A Advanced Series German equatorial mount: The mount has setting circles in both right ascension and declination, manual slow motion controls, a latitude scale and fine adjustment controls in both altitude and azimuth, an 11 pound counterweight, and more. Optional single-axis and dual axis DC drives/drive correctors are available for no-hands tracking of celestial objects and long exposure photography. It is not possible to upgrade to a computerized go-to drive system.
- Adjustable height tripod: The tripod has 2" diameter steel legs with a center leg brace for rigidity, with excellent vibration damping characteristics. The center leg brace is drilled to form a convenient accessory tray that holds 1.25" and 2" eyepiece to keep them up out of the dew-soaked grass.
- Dovetail slide bar: An adjustable dovetail slide bar allows the optical tube to be quickly and precisely balanced fore and aft on the mount, eliminating the need for an extra counterweight to balance a camera or other accessories. Setup and takedown times are exceptionally fast, as a single large hand-tighten knob holds the optical tube in place. A second lock knob prevents the tube from sliding off the mount should the hand-tighten knob loosen.
- NexStar computer hand control with C6S-GT XLT: The supplied computerized hand control has a built-in database of more than 40,000 stars and objects it can find and track for you. These include the complete RNGC, Messier, Caldwell, IC, and Abell catalogs; selected SAO stars, including variable stars and multiple star systems; the planets, the Moon, and more. All of the database and telescope operation information is displayed on a double line, 16-character, liquid crystal display on the hand control. There are 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons to make it easy for you to control the computer without affecting your dark-adapted vision. An RS-232 communication port on the hand control allows you to operate the telescope via a personal computer. Several different alignment methods are built into the NexStar computer, allowing you to choose a level of computer accuracy in automatically finding objects with which you are comfortable. Both two and (more accurate) three star computer-guided alignment methods are easily accomplished in only a few short minutes. You can be observing in less than 15 minutes after you first take the scope outdoors, including telescope assembly time.
- Two-year warranty: All Celestron go-to telescopes have a two-year warranty, double that of competitive go-to scopes.
The Advanced Series family of computerized GoTo telescopes was designed to offer the novice or more advanced user a selection of models with the features and quality that serious amateurs can appreciate. These scopes come on heavy-duty computerized German Equatorial mounts with ultra-sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and center tray for superior rigidity and vibration dampening.
|AC Adapter||Car Battery Adapter|
|Alignment Procedures||AutoAlign, 2-Star Alignment, Quick Align|
|Angular Field of View||.83 °|
|Aperture||150 mm (5.91 in)|
|CD ROM||"The Sky®" Level 1|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Counterweights||1 - 11 lbs|
|Database||40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects.Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Focal Length||1500 mm (59.06 in)|
|Magnification 1||60 x|
|Optical Tube Length||16 in (406.4 mm)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||2.2 in (55.88 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||13.9 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||37.3 %|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculation|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|