Celestron's CGEM DX 1100 features our high-end 11" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on our brand new CGEM DX™ mount.
The CGEM DX™ mount is the newest member of our fully computerized Equatorial mount series capable of carrying Celestron’s high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 2.75" tripod legs holds even the 14" optics securely while dampening vibration, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 50 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
Ergonomic Design - CGEM DX was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM DX series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM DX sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gear's periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM DX will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Power Management - Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced. This allows the CGEM DX to have the payload capacity of that of much larger mounts without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2.75 inch steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Computerized Mount Features
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New "All-Star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
Introducing the new Celestron CGEM DX and CGEM DX HD series of telescopes! Designed for superior astrophotography performance while maintaining its portability, the CGEM DX delivers the backbone for all your observing needs.
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align|
|Angular Field of View||0.71 °|
|Aperture||280 mm (11.02 in)|
|CD ROM||NexRemote control software with RS232 cable|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Counterweights||1 x 22 lbs|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Eyepiece 1||40 mm (1.57 in)|
|Eyepiece 1 Field of View||.71 °|
|Focal Length||2800 mm (110.24 in)|
|Gear||Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
|Magnification 1||70 x|
|Mount||New CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial|
|Optical Tube Length||24 in (609.6 mm)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.41 arcsec|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.5 arcsec|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||3.75 in (95.25 mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||11.6 %|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||34 %|
|Software Precision||24 bit, 0.08 calculation|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|