This is a discontinued item. Check out the LX850 equivalent as a replacement.
10" f/8 ADVANCED COMA-FREE OTA AND THE NEW LX800™ WITH STARLOCK™. DESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP TO BE THE IDEAL ASTRO-IMAGING PLATFORM.
Meade Instruments introduces the latest in a long line of advanced astronomical products - the LX800™. Using revolutionary new technology, every aspect of this system has been designed to deliver the new standard in astrophotographic and visual performance.
FASTER, SHARPER OPTICAL SYSTEM
Meade's all NEW optical system completes the LX800 system:
- Fast, f/8 Advance Coma-Free® optical system available in 10", 12" and 14" apertures.
- Unique internal Crayford-style, ZERO image-shift focusing system with a two-speed 7:1 control. This focusing system rigidly holds the primary mirror and eliminates the need for a mirror lock.
- Optional large-format, three-element f/5 focal reducer/field flattener. This delivers even wider fields, faster exposures and a photographically flat field even with larger sensors.
Also available: Series 6000 3 element air-space apochromatic refractor (Optional field flattener available).
PRECISION MACHINED, SOLID GERMAN EQUATORIAL MOUNT
Constructed of machined stainless steel and aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum, the LX800 mount presents a rock-solid platform:
- Supports 90 pounds of instruments. That's not including the counterweights.
- Precision roller bearings are employed on both RA and DEC axis.
- Robust 0.68" diameter brass worm and a 5.8" diameter, 225 tooth aluminum gears.
- Utilizes a 1.75" stainless steel threaded counterweight shaft.
- Fully computerized GoTo German Equatorial Mount with GPS and 144,000-object database.
- All-new super-stable tripod.
STARLOCK - FULL-TIME AUTOMATIC GUIDING
The LX800 is the first FULL-TIME AUTOMATIC GUIDING SYSTEM on the market incorporating Meade's all new StarLock™ technology:
- A 80mm f/5 optic operating in tandem with a super wide-angle lens creates a two camera system that automatically finds your target in high precision.
- Guides to an incredible accuracy of one arc second and can lock on stars as dim as 11th magnitude. Focusing the StarLock optics is not required nor is there a need to select a guide star.
- Eliminates the need for a computer or separate guide scope.
- Automatically programs periodic error correction, corrects for errors down to virtually zero and then guides.
- Provides computer-assisted polar alignment using drift method for extreme precision.
Meade Instruments all new LX800 Series of imaging/visual telescopes uses exciting advanced technologies in optics, electronics and mechanics to bring you a superior system for imaging and visual observations. Here are some of the exciting features of the LX800 line.
NEW Fast f/8 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical systems on the 10", 12" and 14" OTAs. These optics produce wider, flatter fields with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors or extreme wide angle eyepieces. Optional custom-designed LX800 f/5 large-format focal reducer/field flattener also available.
NEW 130mm 3-element, air-spaced apochromatic f/7 refractor with 3" Crayford-style 10:1 focuser. Beautifully machined and finished with case. Optional 3" field flattener available.
NEW StarLock full-time automatic integrated guider assists with ultra precise drift polar alignment, finds and centers targets and then automatically locks onto a field star as faint as 11th magnitude for one arcsecond guiding. No separate computer, no guide star selection, no user focus. Just setup your camera and image.
NEW Internal Crayford-style primary mirror focusing system with a dual speed 7:1 focus control, that eliminates image shift and mirror flop. Precise focus is a snap.
German Equatorial Mount made from machined aluminum and stainless steel with large bearing surfaces and roller bearings in both axes for an extremely solid and stable platform.
NEW Precision machined 5.8" main gears with 225 teeth in both R.A. and DEC. with .68" worms for very accurate movements and tracking.
1.75" diameter threaded stainless steel counterweight shaft with 18 lb. threaded stainless steel counterweights for easy and safe adjustments to telescope balance.
NEW Sophisticated built-in computer for the most accurate control of the StarLock and other telescope systems.
AutoStar II hand control with over 144,000 object database to take you to almost any object imaginable at the push of the GoTo button. AutoStar II allows the user to setup and operate the LX800 in just the way you want.
Precise altitude and azimuth controls for mount polar alignment.
NEW Ultra-stable adjustable height tripod. Three inch diameter legs fold up for easy transport.
Internal cabling to prevent snags and tangles.
Accessories include 8x50 viewfinder, Series 5000 2" enhanced 99% reflective diagonal and a 25mm HD-60 premium eyepiece.
|Name||Meade - 10" LX800-ACF (f/8) Advanced Coma-Free Telescope - DISCONTINUED|
|Alignment Procedures||Fine adjustment altitude and azimuth controls.|
|Communication Ports||connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port.|
|Computer Interface||AutoStar II GoTo system|
|Counterweights||18 lb. threaded stainless steel. Shaft: 1.75 inch diameter, 12 inch long threaded stainless steel.|
|Database||Over 144,000 Objects, Catalogs included: Index catalog (5,386); NGC catalog (7,840); Partial Caldwell catalog (109); Messier catalog (110); Earth orbiting satellites (26); Planets (9); Uppsala galaxy catalog (12,940); Morphological catalog of galaxies (1|
|Gear||Main:5.8 inch under cut 225 tooth aluminum. Worm: .68 inch diameter|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors with encoders, both axes.|
|Mount||Machined from solid 6061-T6 Aircraft grade Aluminium and stainless steel.|
|Mount Weight||55 lb.|
|Mounting connections||Losmandy®-style dovetail.|
|Payload Capacity||90.0 lbs (40.80 kg).|
|Tracking Rates||20 degrees.|
|Tripod||Giant folding adjustable height tripod with 3 inch diameter stainless steel|