- 305mm aperture & 1500mm focal length for jaw-dropping views of galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters
- Parabolic primary mirror is made of BK-7 glass and center-marked for easy collimation
- The ultra-stable Dobsonian base keeps the tube perfectly balanced for point-and-view ease of use
- Includes upgraded Crayford-style focuser, two eyepieces, finder scope, and collimation cap
- Back for a limited time while supplies last!!
The barrier to buying a big telescope has always been the big price tag. But with our XT12 Classic, the "it's too expensive" excuse is harder to cop. Compare its price tag to that of the competition's fancy catadioptric scope of identical aperture — nearly $4,000! — and you can see what an incredible bargain the XT12 is.
With the XT12 Classic you get a well-made workhorse of a telescope with enough aperture to take you deep into "NGC territory" of faint but fascinating galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters. The hardest thing about using this scope will be deciding which of the seemingly endless array of eligible objects to look at each evening!
The XT12 Classic has a giant 305mm (12.0") parabolic primary mirror made of BK-7 glass and center-marked for easy collimation. It's supported by a 9-point flotation, open mirror cell outfitted with large collimation knobs. The optical tube features an upgraded 2" Crayford-style focuser with a 1.25" adapter, and our exclusive navigation knob for easy slewing. The base provides a sturdy platform yet allows exceptionally smooth motion on both axes, for "point and view" ease of operation. The CorrecTension friction control system keeps the tube well-balanced no matter what eyepieces or accessories you're using.
Sure, it's a big scope, but nothing a fit bloke can't handle. The tube is 4'10" long and weighs 51 lbs. The base is 25.5"H x 26"W and 30 lbs. Fact is, there isn't a more user-friendly big scope on the market. One-year limited warranty.
- The XTg Dobsonian GoTo system can locate 42,900 celestial objects from its database and track them with accurate motorized motion as they appear to migrate across the night sky.
- XTg Dobsonian telescopes available in 8", 10", and 12" apertures
- 8" XTg: 1200mm focal length (f/5.9)
- 10" XTg: 1200mm focal length (f/4.7)
- 12" XTg: 1500mm focal length (f/4.9)
- All XTg Dobsonians include a deluxe assortment of accessories:
- 8mm DeepView 2" eyepiece
- 12.5mm Illuminated Reticle eyepiece (for convenient and precise alignment star centering)
- EZ Finder reflex sight
- Eyepiece rack (holds one 2" eyepiece and three 1.25" eyepieces)
- Collimation cap
- 12V DC power cord (cigarette-plug style)
- Starry Night software (Orion SE edition)
- Complete instructions for assembly and use
- All models feature a 2" dual-speed (11:1) Crayford focuser
- By using a "closed-loop" GoTo system, the XTg series is able to locate and track objects and still allow manual position adjustment (aiming). This "closed-loop" Technology is also forgiving of inadvertent bumps while viewing in the field
- While some base assembly is required for initial set-up and use, all optical encoders, drive motors, and gears come pre-installed on the base component pieces, making assembly a snap
- Easy setup: tube drops into base on a dovetail trunnion and secures with a single hand knob
|Name||Orion SkyQuest XT12 Classic Dobsonian Telescope|