- This Meade Series 4000 Super Plossl Eyepiece has a 40mm focal length presented in a 1.25" format.
- It excels at large open star clusters and extended nebulae - as well as framing many deep space objects against background stars. A real performer as a "sweeper" eyepiece for locating objects!
- This Meade Series 4000 Super Plossl Eyepiece offers a 44º apparent field of view with 17mm of eye relief.
- Operates well in conjunction with a wide variety of Barlow lenses.
- Featuring a fold down rubber eyeguard for comfortable viewing, the Meade Series 4000 Super Plossl Eyepiece offers great image contrast, color correction and sharpness.
- Includes dust-proof, threaded bolt case for safe long-term storage.
Includes: Series 4000 SP 6.4mm, 9.7mm, 12.4mm, 15mm, 32mm, and 40mm eyepieces, #126 2x Barlow Lens, Series 4000 Color Filter Set # 1 (#12 Yellow, #23 Light Red, #58 Green, #80A Blue), Series 4000 ND96 Moon Filter, and Aluminum Carrying Case.
Designed to utilize the very latest in optical glass types, Meade 4 -element Super Plössls are excellent general-purpose eyepieces. For observing hairline lunar and planetary detail, splitting close double stars, or for resolving faint nebulosity in deep-space, Meade Super Plössls optimize the performance of any telescope type, whether f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain, f/16 refractor, or f/4 reflector. They also operate well in conjunction with the air-spaced design of the Meade #140 2x Apochromatic Barlow. All focal lengths through 32mm are parfocal. The Super Plössl 56mm eyepiece with 2" O.D. barrel yields 36X and an actual field of view of 1.4° on an 8" f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope.
|Name||Meade - 40mm Super Plossl Series 4000 44º Eyepiece - 1.25"|
|Eyepiece Apparent FOV||44|
|Eyepiece Apparent FOV2||0|
|Eyepiece Barrel Size||1.25"|
|Eyepiece Eye Relief||0|
|Eyepiece Eye Relief 2||0|
|Eyepiece 1 Field of View||44|
|Eyepiece Field Stop||0.0|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||40.0|
|Eyepiece Focal Length2||0.0|