This LT-6 telescope from Meade is a computer-controlled 1524 mm f/10 catadioptric telescope with a 6.0"/152 mm clear aperture. The optical system is based upon a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain design that delivers excellent and reliable results.
The LT-6's mounting system includes the LT fork mount with precision worm gears in both axes for smooth tracking. Featuring steel construction and a broad range of adjustments, the LS field tripod provides a stable platform for a vibration-free viewing experience.
For viewing ease and rapid object location, the LT-6 comes equipped with the AutoStar #497 controller and the AutoStar Suite software. This computerized control system offers viewers to view celestial objects by simply pushing a button.
This LT-6 comes ready to assemble, and the package also includes a series 4000 26 mm super Plossl eyepiece, and a 1.25" diagonal.
Note! Batteries not included - 8 'D' cell batteries are required to power up the AutoStar system.
- LT 6 Telescope
- Aperture: 6.0"/152 mm
- EFL & focal ratio: 1524 mm, f/10
- Pyrex glass primary and secondary mirrors
- 1.25" Diagonal Prism w/ 26 mm Super Plossl eyepiece
- UHTC/Ultra-High Transmission Coatings for enhanced light throughput
- ACF optics: advanced coma free system for edge-to-edge distortion-free imaging
- AutoStar #497 Controller
- AutoStar Suite Software
- On-board database of 30,223 objects
- Stores an additional 200 user-selected objects
- Go-To function: view celestial objects by just pushing a button
- PIC 16C57 controller, 16 character display, 20-button keypad, red LED backlit, 20 hr battery life
- Easy Align smart-scope system: simply level the scope and the system finds two alignment stars. Centering these stars fine-tunes the alignment system so other objects can be located by simply pushing a button
- 90° Diagonal
- Accepts 1.25" eyepieces
- Produces upright laterally-reversed images
- Series 4000 26 mm Super Plossl Eyepiece
- AFOV: 52°
- Eye relief: 18.0 mm
- Fold-down rubber eye cup
- Parfocal 4 element design
- Corrected for astigmatism, spherical aberration, and off-axis color
- 7-layer multicoating with edge-blackened elements for optimum image contrast
- LS Field Tripod
- Steel construction
- Weight: 9.0 lb / 4.0 kg
- Height: 25.5-43.5" / 65-111 cm
- LT Fork Mount
- Aluminum, single arm altazimuth
- Tracking rates: Select from 2000 incremental rates
- Precision worm drives with 4.875" gears in both axes
- Slew speeds, RA & Dec: 1/2/8/16/64/128x sidereal. 1.5°/6.5°/sec.
The LT series is a fully featured Go To telescope that sets a new high-performance standard for telescopes starting under $1,000. Its legendary Meade SC optics, along with precision worm gear drives, sturdy die-cast aluminum mount and robust steel tripod make this the ultimate platform for high-resolution visual observation and imaging. Simply put, an LT series is the ideal telescope for any astronomer who demands superior optics, mechanics and computer control in a compact high-performance package.
|Batteries||8 x C cells|
|Dimensions||7" x 14.2"L|
|Eyepieces||26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl|
|Focal Length||1524mm (f/10)|
|Mount||Single Fork with GOTO|
|Mounting connections||Rigid Cast-Aluminum Single-Arm|
|Optical Coatings||Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)|
|Power Requirements||12V DC, 5 amp power supply (optional)|
|Primary Mirror||Low expansion borrosilicate glass|
|Slew Speeds||RA and Dec:1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal and 1.5°/sec., 3°/sec., 6.5°/sec.|
|Star Diagonal||1.25" diagonal prism|