Orion 2" Variable Polarizing Telescope Filter
This versatile 2" Orion Variable Polarizing Telescope Filter acts like a dimmer switch for your telescope, toning down the brightness of the Moon or planets to a comfortable level and revealing more surface details.
The 2" Orion Variable Polarizing Telescope Filter consists of two high-grade glass polarizing filters in a rotating cell that allows you to vary the amount of light transmission from 1% to 40%. Such control is highly desirable for lunar observing because the Moon’s brightness varies with its phase and with the aperture and magnification of the telescope you are using. It’s also a must for viewing the Moon in daylight hours.
Reducing the glare to an optimal level will reveal dramatically more lunar and planetary features, without significantly altering the objects’ color.
- A dimmer switch for your telescope! Helps to tone down brightness when viewing the Moon and planets to both optimize the view and reduce bright glare
- Reduced brightness and glare unmasks detail in your viewing subject and greatly improves contrast
- Adjust the amount of light transmission from 1% to 40% by rotating the eyepiece filter housing
- The filter has an anodized aluminum cell, which threads into the barrel of any 2" Orion eyepiece
- Foam-lined hard plastic filter storage case included
The anodized aluminum cell threads into the barrel of any standard 2" telescope eyepiece. Includes a durable plastic storage case.
|Name||Orion - 2 " Variable Polarizing Telescope Filter|