This is a discontinued item. We recommend the Explore Scientific AR127 f/6.5 Air-Spaced Doublet Achromat Refractor (a separate mount will need to be purchased) as a replacement.
- Sturdy Mount with Heavy-Duty Castings: Designed by Meade's engineers and manufactured for high-performance observing and astrophotography.
- Shaft & Bearing System: The sturdy German Equatorial Mount is accurate and precise. The RA and Dec axes move effortlessly on four high-precision stainless steel ball bearings.
- High-Precision Worm Gears: Located on both axes for smooth tracking and slewing.
- High-Precision Pointing (HPP): For even more-precise pointing, use the HPP function. HPP puts objects in the center of the field-of-view, which allows you to confirm deep-sky objects at the faintest limits of the telescope's capability.
- Periodic Error Correction: Corrects periodic errors on the RA axis over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photography.
- 9-Speed Drive Controls: From a rapid slew rate of 4.5°/sec. to 1x sidereal – it's all controlled from the Autostar controller.
- 3-Star Alignment: Ensures precise alignment while eliminating the need for a complicated optical/mechanical alignment process.
- Heavy-Duty Tripod: Variable-height field tripod with spreader bar brace provides the stability and vibration damping required for visual observation and astrophotography.
- Illuminated Polar Alignment Viewfinder: For quick, precise polar alignment .
- Power Supply: Powered by 8 D-size batteries. Can also be powered by optional car cigarette lighter or AC wall adapter.
- Autostar Suite : The AutoStar controller helps you quickly find, and GoTo over 30,000 objects in the night sky. View planets, stars, galaxies, nebulae, and comets...all at a push of a button. AutoStar is pre-programmed with several guided tours, including the popular Tonight's Best. Input date, time and location, then let AutoStar take you on a guided tour of the best objects in the sky for that particular night. The AutoStar controller can be updated. Log on to Meade.com to download software upgrades, guided tours, and timely objects like comets---all for free. Keep your AutoStar up-to-date and your telescope will grow with you for years to come.
New Optical Tube Assemblies
The LXD75 Achromatic Refractors are supplied with an upgraded 8x50 viewfinder, and the standard precision all-metal 1.25"/2" O .D. rack & pinion focuser. The refractors also have improved metal dew shields and heavier-duty objective cells. In addition, like the 6" refractor, the 5" has had a system of collimation screws added to the main objective cell.
Stable Meade LXD75 German Equatorial Mount
Designed for high-performance observing and astrophotography, the LXD75 Series sets a new Meade standard in their price class for sturdiness, precision operation and smoothness of movement. With the LXD75, Meade engineers have created a virtually backlash-free equatorial mount incorporating heavy-duty castings and four high-precision stainless steel ball bearings in both RA and Dec axes.
New Design LXD75 Drive System
The reliable LXD75 drive system has enhanced precision alignment of the motor gear assembly for greatly reduced backlash and tracking smoothness.
New Design Heavy-Duty Tripod
The new, heavy-duty, all-metal field tripod utilizes a locking spreader bar (with three 1.25" eyepiece holders) to lock each leg in place, virtually eliminating flexure. Each leg has two anodized aluminum leg extension locks with an internal brake to eliminate slipping of the internal extending leg. These locks are inward facing so that no accidental bumping of the leg locks can occur.
- Autostar Suite
- 2" Focuser: Aluminum rack and pinion focuser allows the user to achieve a precise focus
- Eyepiece Holder: Accepts both 1.25" & 2" eyepieces. Allows use of all common telescope accessories and cameras.
- 8x50 Achromatic Viewfinder: Easily locate and center deep-sky objects.
|Name||Meade - 5 " LXD75 AR-5AT Achromatic Refractor Telescope - DISCONTINUED|